TAG FinTech builds recognition of Georgia as the hub of choice for the world’s leading financial technology providers. The society’s goals include accelerating the accumulation of capital by its members, and to foster a business environment conducive to the ongoing success of companies, employees, service providers, educational institutions, entrepreneurs, and investors. As a result, this helps them to create, build, and maintain innovative financial services that meet their customers’ growing needs.
Driven by Innovation. Proven by Performance.
The Georgia-based Fintech ecosystem is dynamic and prospering. These representative numbers help define the ecosystem:
- Fintech companies in Georgia (as of May 2021) – 201
- Fintech employees in Georgia – 39,000+ (est.)
- Revenue of 12 GA-headquartered public companies – $37 billion
- Market capitalization of 12 GA-headquartered public companies – $192 billion (Dec. 2020)
- Estimated global payments transactions processed by GA-based companies – 300 billion
- 2020 investment funding for GA-based companies – $1 billion
- 2021 investment funding for GA-based companies thru May 2021 – $400 million
- Combined transaction volumes by Fiserv, FIS, Global Payments, and BofA Merchant Acquirers – 68.3 billion
Recent Fintech News
Forrester Consulting Total Economic Impact™ study
Enterprises Can Achieve a 332% ROI Over Three Years When Using WSO2 Identity Server for CIAM According to New Independent Total Economic Impact Study
The independent study highlights how WSO2 Identity Server helps organizations to significantly lower costs, modernize and consolidate their customer identity and access management, save developer time, and accelerate market offerings.
Growth and innovation of Fintech in Georgia highlighted in 2021 TAG Fintech Ecosystem Report
More than 200 fintech companies, 39,000+ employees
$400 million+ invested in Georgia’s fintech community in 2021
WSO2 Acquires Platformer to Extend Kubernetes Capabilities of Choreo Next-Generation Integration Platform as a Service
Platformer Console for speeding Kubernetes deployments complements Choreo iPaaS capabilities for rapidly delivering cloud native apps, APIs, and digital services.
Recent Fintech blog posts
Fintech Society Board
Andrew B. Morris
Polly Van Duser