TAG Fintech builds recognition of Georgia as the hub of choice for the world’s leading financial technology providers. The society’s goals include accelerating the accumulation of capital by its members, and to foster a business environment conducive to the ongoing success of companies, employees, service providers, educational institutions, entrepreneurs, and investors. As a result, this helps them to create, build, and maintain innovative financial services that meet their customers’ growing needs.
Driven by Innovation. Proven by Performance.
The Georgia-based Fintech ecosystem is dynamic and prospering. These representative numbers help define the ecosystem:
- Fintech companies in Georgia (as of May 2021) – 201
- Fintech employees in Georgia – 39,000+ (est.)
- Revenue of 12 GA-headquartered public companies – $37 billion
- Market capitalization of 12 GA-headquartered public companies – $192 billion (Dec. 2020)
- Estimated global payments transactions processed by GA-based companies – 300 billion
- 2020 investment funding for GA-based companies – $1 billion
- 2021 investment funding for GA-based companies thru May 2021 – $400 million
- Combined transaction volumes by Fiserv, FIS, Global Payments, and BofA Merchant Acquirers – 68.3 billion
Recent Fintech News
PPRO clamps down on financial crime risks, partnering with and investing in AI-driven transaction monitoring startup Sentinels
|PPRO clamps down on financial crime risks, partnering with and investing in AI-driven transaction monitoring startup Sentinels|
After Its Most Competitive Application Period Yet, Venture Atlanta Reveals Lineup of 2021 Most Innovative Tech Companies
Out of a record-breaking 400-plus applications, 91 companies will present and be showcased with 60 percent of those selected coming from outside Georgia.
Recent Fintech blog posts
Fintech Society Board
Polly Van Duser