TAG Fintech builds recognition of Georgia as the hub of choice for the world’s leading financial technology providers. The society’s goals include accelerating the accumulation of capital by its members, and to foster a business environment conducive to the ongoing success of companies, employees, service providers, educational institutions, entrepreneurs, and investors. As a result, this helps them to create, build, and maintain innovative financial services that meet their customers’ growing needs.
Driven by Innovation. Proven by Performance.
The Georgia-based Fintech ecosystem is dynamic and prospering. These representative numbers help define the ecosystem:
- Fintech companies in Georgia (as of May 2021) – 201
- Fintech employees in Georgia – 39,000+ (est.)
- Revenue of 12 GA-headquartered public companies – $37 billion
- Market capitalization of 12 GA-headquartered public companies – $192 billion (Dec. 2020)
- Estimated global payments transactions processed by GA-based companies – 300 billion
- 2020 investment funding for GA-based companies – $1 billion
- 2021 investment funding for GA-based companies thru May 2021 – $400 million
- Combined transaction volumes by Fiserv, FIS, Global Payments, and BofA Merchant Acquirers – 68.3 billion
Recent Fintech News
FLEETCOR® Certified as a Most Loved Workplace
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FLT), a leading global business payments company, was recently certified as a Most Loved Workplace®. Backed by Best Practice Institute (BPI) research and analysis, the Most Loved Workplace validation provides the most comprehensive look at workplace sentiment for organizations today.
Snap Tech IT Expert Forum: Navigating Cyber Insurance with FifthWall Solutions & techrug
With the sheer frequency of cyber-attacks on businesses over the last two years, cyber insurance is quickly becoming a necessity to ensure losses are covered in the event of a malicious cyber-attack. Demand for this type of protection has increased faster than most can get their heads around, leaving us with crucial questions as to how cyber insurance works and just how well our businesses are being protected.
Georgia Tech Financial Services Innovation Lab and Fiserv Partner to Advance Insight into Consumer Finances and Further Financial Inclusion
The Georgia Institute of Technology and Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology with a flagship presence in Georgia, are partnering on a new initiative to better understand consumer financial health. Through this new initiative, Georgia Tech researchers will leverage Fiserv data to generate insights into household financial behavior, which will be relevant to policy makers, consumers and small businesses.
Recent Fintech blog posts
Fintech Society Board
Society Board Chair
Polly Van Duser