Our Mission is to create Connection, Content, and Collaboration through Smart Communities and Sustainability development in Georgia.
From basic utility access, food access and safety solutions to business processes across procurement and manufacturing to marketing and packaging, companies have an opportunity to develop and implement sustainable technologies throughout its value chain to nurture smart communities.
Georgia is home to a huge number of sustainability incubators, renewable energy startups, corporations with sustainability initiatives, and passionate individuals and non-profits. The TAG Smart Communities & Sustainability Society will bring together these organizations to promote the development and adoption of technologies throughout the state of Georgia.
- Enable technologies and programs that embrace innovation around Smart Communities and Sustainability
- Engage relevant stakeholders to enhance and lead in our journey
- Communicate our mission widely and consistently to build awareness and inspiration
- Connect members to create publications and technical briefings on Smart Communities and Sustainability
- Educate community on the economic impact of Smart Communities and Sustainability
Smart Communities & Sustainability Society Board
Society Board Chair
Immediate Past Co-Chair
Immediate Past Co-Chair
Society Board Member Benefits and Responsibilities
Corporate and Personal Benefits
- Corporate recognition as a leader in sustainable technologies
- Personal connection with companies and TAG members throughout their sustainability journey
- Opportunity to educate, promote, and develop Smart Communities and Sustainability across Georgia, on both a corporate and personal level
- Monthly 1-hour meetings with all board members to maintain momentum, gain consensus, and promote creativity
- Development and support of three Society-sponsored events in 2021
- Fundraising ideation, promotion, and corporate sponsorships of both the Society and events
Recent Smart Communities & Sustainablility News
Georgia Tech to Launch Sustainability-Focused Technology Initiative at the Advanced Technology Development Center
|Norfolk Southern commits $750,000 to the Institute to support development of sustainability technology entrepreneurs and startups in Georgia|
ATDC Congratulates 15 Portfolio Companies Selected for Venture Atlanta 2022
Four ATDC companies will present as Early-Stage Venture attendees and one will present as a Growth-Stage Venture.