Our Mission is to create Connection, Content, and Collaboration through Smart Communities and Sustainability development in Georgia.
From basic utility access, food access and safety solutions to business processes across procurement and manufacturing to marketing and packaging, companies have an opportunity to develop and implement sustainable technologies throughout its value chain to nurture smart communities.
Georgia is home to a huge number of sustainability incubators, renewable energy startups, corporations with sustainability initiatives, and passionate individuals and non-profits. The TAG Smart Communities & Sustainability Society will bring together these organizations to promote the development and adoption of technologies throughout the state of Georgia.
- Establish a new engaged society board
- Enable technologies and programs that embrace innovation around Smart Communities and Sustainability
- Engage relevant stakeholders to enhance and lead in our journey
- Communicate our mission widely and consistently to build awareness and inspiration
- Connect members to create publications and technical briefings on Smart Communities and Sustainability
- Educate community on the economic impact of Smart Communities and Sustainability
Smart Communities & Sustainability Society Board
Society Co-Chair & Finance Lead
Society Co-Chair & Marketing/PR Lead
Society Board Member Benefits and Responsibilities
Corporate and Personal Benefits
- Corporate recognition as a leader in sustainable technologies
- Personal connection with companies and TAG members throughout their sustainability journey
- Opportunity to educate, promote, and develop Smart Communities and Sustainability across Georgia, on both a corporate and personal level
- Monthly 1-hour meetings with all board members to maintain momentum, gain consensus, and promote creativity
- Development and support of three Society-sponsored events in 2021
- Fundraising ideation, promotion, and corporate sponsorships of both the Society and events
Recent Smart Communities & Sustainablility News
Georgia Tech Financial Services Innovation Lab and Fiserv Partner to Advance Insight into Consumer Finances and Further Financial Inclusion
The Georgia Institute of Technology and Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology with a flagship presence in Georgia, are partnering on a new initiative to better understand consumer financial health. Through this new initiative, Georgia Tech researchers will leverage Fiserv data to generate insights into household financial behavior, which will be relevant to policy makers, consumers and small businesses.
Comcast RISE to Award $1 Million in Grants to Small Businesses Owned by Women and People of Color in Atlanta
Comcast announced it will award $1 million in grants to 100 small Atlanta area businesses owned by women and people of color, including Black, Indigenous, Hispanic, and Asian American owners, among others. The application process will open to qualifying businesses June 1-14, and prospective owners must have their businesses located in the City of Atlanta or in Fulton, Gwinnett, Clayton, Cobb or DeKalb counties.