Congratulations to our 2019 TAG Fintech South Innovation Award Challenge Winner!
2019 Company Participants
- Arcanum (Athens, GA) – secure password management with innovative interface that helps financial organizations, banks and online merchants.
- Agora Services (Atlanta/New York) – cloud-enabled service that helps community, credit unions and regional banks ramp up their digital experience.
- CapWay (Atlanta, GA) – online banking and financial literacy app that aims to help the unbanked and underbanked.
- IvyLender (Atlanta, GA) – small business lending platform and marketplace that matches applicants and lenders.
- Yellow Card Financial (Atlanta, GA) – alleviates high processing fees associated with cryptocurrency, providing those receiving money with faster access to funds through a gift card or voucher.
- MaxRewards (Atlanta, GA) – mobile app that helps users maximize credit card reward opportunities.
- Stackfolio (Atlanta, GA) – online marketplace for loan trading, offering a completely digital transaction process that does not require human brokers.
- Ternio (Atlanta, GA) – offers BlockCardÔ, a cryptocurrency debit card, allowing card holders to spend their cryptocurrencies anywhere major credit cards are accepted.
- WorldWatch Plus (Atlanta, GA) – provides a secure and easily-integrated KYC/CDD compliance solution that reduces fraud and reputation risks while lowering operational costs.
- QwikCheck (Atlanta, GA) – cloud-based self-checkout system to improve customers’ retail experience and customer loyalty.
- Birch Global (Atlanta, GA) – product Dinote helps accredited and institutional investors lend money to digitally native businesses looking for financing to accelerate economic growth.
- Esgro (Atlanta, GA) – offers escrow of payments in a mobile app for gig economy workers, helping to protect payment from cancellation.
FinTech South Innovation Challenge Overview:
The Fintech South Innovation Award is an annual prize orchestrated by the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) that recognizes innovative U.S. fintech startups with ties to Georgia.
Eight to 12 startups are selected from the eligible applicants to participate in a four week Education and Mentoring program and compete as part of a “pitch night” with three finalists selected to present their innovation at FinTech South.
The winner of the Fintech South Innovation Challenge receives:
– $50,000 cash award
– Up to $5,000 worth of tax, assurance or advisory services from the CPAs and Advisors at Cherry Bekaert LLP
– Admission into the ATDC Accelerate program for one year free of charge. Current ATDC Accelerate or Educate companies will have fees waived for one year.
Award Eligibility Requirements:
- Innovations must be targeted at the greater financial services industry
- Applicants must be currently headquartered in Georgia or committed to relocating to Georgia
- A company cannot have raised more than $1 million in funding (equity and/or debt) for working capital purposes at the time of the application
- Preference for applicants to have a functional prototype of innovation concept
- Applicants must attend in-person and complete all four sessions of the FinTech South Innovation Challenge Education and Mentoring program which are now targeted for March 28th, April 4th, April 11th, and April 18th from 6-8pm in either midtown or downtown Atlanta
2018 TAG Fintech South Innovation Challenge
2018 Innovation Award Winner:
- Alias Pay
- Capital Slack
- Mercury Exchange
- Trusted Sale
About TAG FinTech
TAG FinTech’s mission is to build recognition of Georgia as the hub of choice for the world’s leading financial technology providers (a counterpart to Silicon Valley for technology or Hartford for insurance) with the goal of accelerating the accumulation of capital by its members.
We will accomplish this by fostering a business environment conducive to the ongoing success of the community’s companies, employees, service providers, educational institutions, entrepreneurs and investors, helping them create, build, and maintain innovative financial services that meet their customers’ growing needs.
To continue expanding the hub, FinTech will empower a collaborative culture that attracts and retains innovation, jobs, partnerships, and capital, and where successful entrepreneurs can reinvest in the local ecosystem to help sustain the space.
About The Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC)
Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center is a nationally recognized science and technology incubator that helps Georgia entrepreneurs launch and build successful companies, providing strategic business advice and connecting its member companies to the people and resources they need to succeed. More than 100 companies have emerged from the ATDC, including publicly-traded firms such as MindSpring Enterprises – now part of EarthLink.
Headquartered at the Georgia Institute of Technology, ATDC has been recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the nation’s top nonprofit incubators. ATDC was formed in 1980 to stimulate growth in Georgia’s technology business base.