Dr. Beverly Wright, Host
Dr. Beverly Wright, PhD, CAP, serves as Head of Data Science Solutions at Burtch Works, and Executive Director for Data Science Programs for University of Georgia, Executive Education.
Beverly is a sought-after professional speaker at established conferences, presenting on topics related to data science, consumer insights, and marketing analytics. She also operates a nonprofit that leverages data science talent, tools, and resources for community betterment, tackling tough issues like human trafficking, opioid and other addictions, mental health, and other causes.
We hope you will enjoy TAG Data Talk, and for more information, please reach out to Dr. Beverly Wright on LinkedIn.
Overcoming Common Challenges as a Data Analytics Leader
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, Dr. Beverly Wright discusses with Serena Huang:
- common challenges in analytics,
- the last mile problem and the value of storytelling,
- culture shifts and new ways of working,
- how talent connects to solving common challenges,
- advice to recognize and solve problems within analytics.
Serena Huang, Founder, Data with Serena
Follow Serena on LinkedIn
Episode sponsored by
Working with AI and the Human-Machine Collaboration
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, Dr. Beverly Wright discusses with Dr. Tom Davenport:
- What is meant by and what are types of human machine collaboration
- What are the barriers to effective human machine collaboration
- How can professionals best leverage human machine systems
Tom Davenport, Distinguished Professor, Babson, AI author, and data science industry thought leader
Get Tom’s Book: “Working With AI”
Follow Tom on LinkedIn
Episode sponsored by
Master Modeler Competition 2022 Winners
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, host Dr. Beverly Wright talks with Kevin Enyekwe and Chanyong Yoo, Winners of Master Modeler Competition 2022, about:
- The competition parameters (competition, rules, etc), – their biggest struggles and challenges,
- The most surprising thing about the fast-paced data science project, and
- Advice they would give to others needing to complete a data science project in a very condensed time frame.
Kevin Enyekwe, Research Assistant, University of South Carolina
Chanyong Yoo, PhD Candidate/Graduate Student, University of South Carolina
Enabling an Analytics Culture through Transformative Processes
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, host Dr. Beverly Wright discusses with Stephanie Dean:
- What an analytics culture is
- Why is this difficult to achieve, and
- Steps to reach toward an analytics data inspired culture
Stephanie Dean, Senior Supply Chain Analytics Technical Manager, The Clorox Company
Leading Data Scientists
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, host Dr. Beverly Wright talks with Ken Viciana about:
- the nuances of leading data scientists
- the biggest challenges when leading data science teams and function and how to overcome them
- the most rewarding aspects of managing data scientists
Ken Viciana, VP Global Data & Analytics Products, TSYS
Power up with Data
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, host Dr. Beverly Wright talks with Johnny Howze, III about:
how can data help the energy industry,
shifting cultural mindset toward data science advancements energy will need moving forward, and
advice for industry executives on how to push the data agenda forward.
Johnny Howze, III, Senior Vice President, Southern Company
Follow Johnny on LinkedIn
Leveraging Data Science for Actionable Insights
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, host Dr. Beverly Wright talks with Eric Friedman about:
- difficulties involved when trying to encourage stakeholders to implement data science,
- how to overcome these challenges and make data science higher value,
- advice to improve the impact of data science.
Eric Friedman, AVP, Expense Modeling & Analytics , Unum
Follow Eric on LinkedIn