Dr. Beverly Wright, Host
Dr. Beverly Wright, PhD, CAP, serves as Chief Analytics Strategist at Axis Group, and Executive Director for Center for Applied Business Analytics at University of South Carolina.
Beverly is a sought-after professional speaker at established conferences, presenting on topics related to data science, consumer insights, and marketing analytics. She also operates a nonprofit that leverages data science talent, tools, and resources for community betterment, tackling tough issues like human trafficking, opioid and other addictions, mental health, and other causes.
Through University of Georgia’s Executive Education team, Beverly leads the data science program conceptualization, development, staffing, delivery, and evaluation.
Connecting and Leveraging Academic Partnerships in Data Science
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, host Dr. Beverly Wright talks with Anqi Zou about:
- ways academic institutions and corporate patterns can work together,
- the advantages of forming these relationships,
- how to get started working connecting universities and colleges with company data experts, and
- how to recognize successful partnerships.
Anqi Zou, Senior Vice President, AI Innovation Leader, Truist
Follow Anqi on LinkedIn
Unlocking data along the value chain in manufacturing
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, host Dr. Beverly Wright talks with Frank Borovsky about:
- how data science is used in the value chain,
- top challenges to solve in the value chain, and
- data and data science solutions.
Frank Borovsky, Vice President, Industry Sales, Salesforce
Follow Frank on LinkedIn
Building and Advancing a Data Science Career
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, Dr. Beverly Wright and Christina Stathopoulos will discuss:
- common roles in data science,
- barriers to starting a career in data science,
- suggestions to help someone advance and move forward.
Christina Stathopoulos, Analytical Lead, Waze
Follow Christina on LinkedIn
Aligning IT data function with data science efforts
In this episode of TAG Data Talk, Dr. Beverly Wright and Scott Taylor will discuss:
- what is meant by aligning IT and data science,
- what are the challenges in gaining alignment, and
- what do you recommend for IT and data scientists to help gain alignment with each other?
Scott Taylor, The Data Whisperer & Principal Consultant, MetaMeta Consulting
Follow Scott on LinkedIn