Santa Ana, Calif., July 24, 2020 – The Technology Councils of North America (TECNA) is pleased to announce the election of the 2020-2021 Board of Directors. The 2020-2021 Board of Directors was ratified today by the membership at the annual Business Meeting held virtually this year. Three new board members were appointed from across the US.
“It’s a privilege to lead the TECNA board, and an honor to serve with such a strong group of leaders,” said Ryan Weber, newly appointed Chair of TECNA and President & CEO of the KC Tech Council. “TECNA member councils represent more than 20,000 tech employers across the United States and Canada. Although the long-term effects of COVID-19 are still uncertain, the experience thus far has been an important reminder of how valuable organizations like TECNA can be to strengthen our member councils and to advise policymakers as we recover from this crisis.”
TECNA serves its members and the technology industry through its strong peer-to-peer network, benchmarking research, sharing of best practices and public policy advocacy.
New Appointments to 2020-2021 Board of Directors:
- Sara Fraim, Senior Director of Policy of MassTLC
- Cara Snow, Chief Community Engagement Officer of Technology Association of Oregon
- Larry Williams, President and CEO of Technology Association of Georgia
New 2020-2021 Board Officer Appointments:
- Ryan Weber, President and CEO, KC Tech Council, Chair of the TECNA Board of Directors.
- Frannie Matthews, President and CEO of Colorado Technology Association and Brian Moyer, President and CEO of Greater Nashville Technology Council, Board Vice-Chairs.
- Yvonne Pilon, President and CEO of WEtech Alliance, Board Treasurer.
- Doug Robertson, President and CEO of Venn Innovation Inc., Immediate Past Chair.
Five other executives currently serve on the TECNA Board of Directors as at-large Board members:
Matt Gardner, CEO, California Technology Council (CTC); Deon Gordon, President and CEO of Tech Birmingham; Brian Kennedy, Senior Vice President, Operations & Strategic Programs, Pittsburgh Technology Council; Joe Russo, President and CEO of Palm Beach Tech; and Michael Schutzler, CEO, Washington Technology Industry Association.
About the Technology Councils of North America
The Technology Councils of North America (TECNA) represents approximately 60 IT and Technology trade organizations that, in turn, represent more than 22,000 technology-related companies in North America. TECNA serves its members and the industry through its strong peer-to-peer network and its regional initiatives to raise the visibility and viability of the technology industry. This is accomplished by empowering regional technology organizations and serving as their collective voice in growing the North American technology economy. More information on TECNA can be found at: www.tecna.org or @techcouncils on Twitter.