By Larry Williams, president and CEO, Technology Association of Georgia
TAG is committed to making sure technology works in the service of people—all people.
To that end, we launched a Social Justice and Equity Task Force last year, and we’re hosting Converge 2021 on November 1. Converge is a summit for dialogue and education focusing on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Workforce Development issues in the technology community. Thank you to Accenture and our other presenting sponsors for making this important event possible.
During this event, we’re proud to recognize leaders who go above and beyond to drive inclusion within their organizations and throughout the technology ecosystem. We announced nominations this week for the inaugural Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Leadership Awards. The final winners will be named at Converge Nov. 1.
Here are the nominees:
The Inclusion Technology Leadership Award:
· Pyramid Consulting, Inc.
The Diversity Equity and Inclusion Impact Tech Leader of the Year:
· Chloe Barzey, Atlanta Office Managing Director, Accenture
· Dr. Kendra Lewis Strickland, Program Director, South Big Data Hub, Georgia Tech Institute of Data Engineering and Sciences, Georgia Tech
· Adam Moore, Director of Supplier Diversity, Truist
Emerging DE&I Tech Leader of Year:
· Collen Reedy, Global Workplace Disability Inclusion and I&D Program Lead, Accenture
· LaShaun Solomon, Marketing Partnerships Manager, Comcast NBC Universal
· Arielle Perez, Advisory and Assurance Specialist, Cox Enterprises
Congratulations to these amazing leaders and their respective organizations. They are catalysts for a more just and equitable world and fully deserving of our gratitude and recognition.