ATLANTA, Sept. 29, 2020 – The Technology Executives Roundtable (TER), an association that consists of more than 120 CEOs, CFOs and general managers in Georgia’s technology community, will feature a panel discussion on accelerating Black entrepreneurship in the Atlanta tech community. The roundtable discussion will be held virtually from 8-9:15 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 13.
The panel will cover key factors in building a successful business and the unique challenges Black entrepreneurs face. The TER event will feature George Azih, founder and CEO of LeaseQuery; Kofi Conduah, founder and CEO of Regal Software; Ortez Gune, co-founder and CEO of Citiri; and Stephen Marshall, CEO of ShootProof. The discussion will be moderated by Kelli Kelley, founder and CEO of brndMethod Media Group and producer of MMM Tech Law & Business Report.
“I encourage the Atlanta tech community to join this TER panel discussion and learn how successful Black entrepreneurs recommend we help accelerate Black entrepreneurship in Atlanta,” said TER President Rob Pinataro. ”TER aims to connect Black CEOs, CFOs and investors in our unique collaborative environment for sharing and discussing the unique challenges of running technology businesses. In the process we intend to help more Black business leaders succeed and in so doing, help drive economic progress for all Black Americans.”
Topics scheduled for discussion include:
- What’s the current state of Black entrepreneurship in the Atlanta tech community?
- What were your key factors in building a successful business – and what unique challenges have you faced?
- How can our community intentionally promote and support Black entrepreneurs?
- What are the unique advantages to retaining Black leaders to a company and how should tech companies go about attracting talent?
- What are the ways Atlanta tech companies can promote diversity on their boards of directors and advisory councils?
- What steps should VCs take to increase funding and support of tech companies led by diverse leaders?
For more information about TER or to register for the meeting, visit http://www.ter-atlanta.com/.
About Technology Executives Roundtable
Technology Executives Roundtable (TER) is an association for Georgia technology executives that provides CEOs, CFOs and general managers with the ability to maximize the value of companies through the exchange of top ideas, candid talk and a forum to share what is working, what is not and best practices to unlock business value. Monthly meetings feature speakers and panels of local and national experts covering topics such as strategic alliances, crisis management, non-conventional financing, M&A, intellectual property protection and other issues of interest to senior executives on company growth. For more information, visit www.ter-atlanta.com.