Serving within the Research Faculty of The Institute, Startup Catalysts directly support the extension, service, and economic development missions of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. Primarily this role provides entrepreneurial incubation and acceleration services to Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) companies in strategic areas that foster their development and encourage growth. Specifically, this position will specialize in startup incubation in the fields of mobility, connectivity, smart communities, and IoT devices and systems. The incumbent will oversee ATDC 5G Mobility programmatic activities which will include (overall): recruiting mobility, connectivity, and IoT technology startups; marketing the ATDC Connectivity Program; directing/coordinating all efforts involved with relevant program partners/stakeholders/constituents.
- Advise ATDC member companies in strategic areas (business operations, fundraising, marketing, etc.) that foster their development and encourage growth.
- Manage and cultivate ATDC relationships with investors, prospective business advisors/partners, CEOs, and community technology leaders to promote market outreach and business development.
- Serve as ATDC member company advocate for awards, conferences, and recognition.
- Identify and/or develop resources to cultivate and assist member ATDC companies and applicants (including delivery of entrepreneurial programs/events that promote business development & growth).
- Evaluate and assess business potential of ATDC applicant companies and provide recommendations for membership.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related/relevant field.
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job-related experience (or equivalent combination of education and work experience).
- Skills: Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex information; coaching and consulting experience; and an ability to use independent judgment and communicate effectively.
- Preferred Education: MBA and/or Masters Degree in related/relevant field.
- Preferred Skills/Work Experience: Ten years job-related work experience. Preferred applicant backgrounds include: (1) Founder of a technology startup or early-stage startup experience; (2) Leadership experience managing a technology company; (3) Leadership or supporting role in securing multiple rounds of financing (angel or venture).
To apply, visit GT Careers website and search for job ID 224479: https://hr.gatech.edu/careers
The Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) at Georgia Tech is a startup incubator that helps technology entrepreneurs in Georgia launch and grow successful companies. ATDC is one of the oldest and most successful research university-affiliated incubators in the United States and was named by Forbes as one of the “Top 12 Business Incubators Changing the World.” Founded in 1980, ATDC has fostered innovation and economic development by graduating more than 180 companies, which together have raised over $3 billion in outside financing. To learn more about ATDC, visit: atdc.org.