Over the past 10 years, the Technology Association of Georgia’s (TAG) Digital Health Society hosted in collaboration with the Metro Atlanta Chamber and the State Economic Development Authority the Health IT Leadership Summit. The Leadership Summit brought together stakeholders in the health information technology industry throughout the southeast and promoted innovative ideas impacting the delivery of care from the payor, the provider and the consumer.
After years of bringing together industry leaders in a Leadership Summit, the TAG’s Digital Health Society is looking forward to hosting the Health IT Innovation Summit on November 12, 2019 at the Comcast Center located at Battery Park (near SunTrust Park).
A series of panel discussions will cover hot topics impacting the growth of Georgia’s digital health ecosystem. These topics were selected from the Institute for Healthcare Information Technology’s (IHIT) 2019 report entitled, The Voice of Georgia’s Digital Health Ecosystem, and include:
- Building a more collaborative environment between digital health makers and providers
- Fueling a more vibrant environment for funding sources
- Ensuring a solid foundation of workforce preparation in educational communities
- Modernizing infrastructure and regulatory guidelines to support greater access to care across the state
The ultimate goal of the Innovation Summit is to provide a call to action for the digital health community and develop a strategic plan for the enhancement and strategic growth of the digital health industry within the region.
Senior Innovation Strategist
U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
Stephen Konya joined the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in the fall of 2015, as the Senior Innovation Strategist for the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC). In addition to developing the Agency’s external and internal innovation strategy, he also serves as a key liaison for innovation related projects and challenges, specifically targeting engagement opportunities with the healthcare startup and investor communities. In this role, Mr. Konya has led several key ONC projects, including the national Health IT Playbook, the ONC Patient Engagement Playbook for Providers, the SMART App Gallery, the FHIR at Scale Taskforce (FAST) Initiative, and is a founding Co-Chair of the Together.Health Collaborative.
Prior to his position with the Federal Government, he served concurrently as Chief of Staff, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Results Officer for the Illinois Department of Public Health. Where, in addition to many other responsibilities, he was tasked with leading the agency’s Innovation and Open Data strategy, and was appointed Chair of the Open Data sub-committee under the IL Alliance for Health, a CMMI State Innovation Model (SIM) planning grant. Other assignments included being appointed to the IL Commission on the Elimination of Poverty, and Co-Chair of the Illinois Workforce Investment Board’s (IWIB) Healthcare Taskforce.
Previously, Mr. Konya served as the Chief of Staff for the IL Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, and CFO of the IL Human Rights Commission. He holds a BBA in Finance and International Business from Loyola University of Chicago, and was both a Fellow and Mentor of the Mid-America Regional Public Health Leadership Institute (MARPHLI) program, at the University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC), School of Public Health.
IHIT Report Findings Collaboration & Workforce Discussion
- Dennis White, DHA, MSIT President & CEO, Alliant Health Solutions
- Kirk Barnes Co-Founder & President, TransPharMed
- Gerard White CEO, Clearwave
- Anita Ballaney Strategy Team, Anthem
- Simeon Sessley Executive Director, Atrium-Navicent Health’s Center for Disruption and Innovation
IHIT Report Findings Focus on Funding
- James M. Denny, Jr.Former President, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Navicure
- Dan Drechsel SVP, BIP Capital
- Tim Eggena Chief Strategy Officer, Diasyst
- Joe Beverly President, Atlanta Technology Angels
- A.T. Gimbel Partner, Atlanta Ventures
The Promise of AI and the Reality in Georgia
- Jodie Braner Vice President, Willis Group
- Nick Delmonico CEO and Founder, Strados Labs
- Shantanu Nigam CEO and Co-Founder, Jvion
- Brian Gamage Director Emerging Solutions – Global Strategic Partnerships, Watson Health
Showcase of Community Driven Care through Innovative Technology Projects
- Michele Madison Partner, Morris Manning & Martin
- David Weeks Chief Technology Officer, NASCO
- Elizabeth Colyer SVP, Business Intelligence, Sharecare