ATLANTA (March 17, 2016) –The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG), one of the nation’s largest state trade organizations dedicated to technology and innovation and HUB Media hosted its 1st Annual TIC TEC KNO awareness event at Georgia Public Broadcasting Studios. This year’s event brought together 150 tech executives, communication professionals and media leaders for an exciting evening which included a reception, brief presentation on the opportunities for media coverage of Georgia’s Technology industry and a local technology trivia game of tic-tac-toe.
Mike Neumeier (Principal, Arketi Group), hosted the event. This year’s event featured eighteen technology leaders:
- Ceasar C. Mitchell, President, Atlanta City Council
- Michael Britt, Vice President Energy Innovation Center, The Southern Company
- Billy Cutshaw, President/CEO, Allied Business Solutions
- David Dabbiere, Chief Operating Officer, AirWatch by VMWare
- Roy E. Hadley, Jr., Partner, Thompson Hine LLP
- Stacie Hagan, VP Human Resources, Dell SecureWorks
- Andrew Hamilton, Chief Technology Officer, Cardlytics, Inc.
- Fred Jewell, Executive Director, Jabian Consulting
- Jeff Katz, Chief Executive Officer, Definition 6
- Valarie W. Mackey, IT Performance Leader, The Coca-Cola Company
- Tino Mantella, President/CEO, Technology Association of Georgia
- Jared Miller, Chief Technology Officer, AMBSE Atlanta Falcons | Atlanta United FC | Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Mike Morris, Co-Founder & CEO, Broadgreen Solutions
- Eric R. Parker, AIA, President, Conima/Innovation Academy
- Dawn Patrick, Partner, Cherry Bekaert
- Chris Poelma, President & GM Small Business, NCR Corporation
- Phil Regnault, Senior Vice President, Integrated Business Development, Hitachi Consulting
- Michael Robertson, Executive Director, TAG Education Collaborative
- Jacqueline Rushin, President, Women in Technology
- Frank Young, Senior Vice President of Global Product and Innovation, Global Payments
- Jon Ziglar, Chief Executive Officer, Parkmobile
The contestants for this event were Dana Barrett, Host, The Dana Barrett Show, Biz 1190 WAFS-AM, Bob Houghton, President, Georgia Association of Broadcasters, M. Cole Jones, Co-Founder, covello and Urvaksh Karkaria, Technology Writer, Atlanta Business Chronicle. Also in attendance were special guests Jeff Buzzelli, Sr. Vice President, Central Division Business Services, Comcast Business, Lauri Strauss President, Atlanta Press Club, Jen Martin VP, Communications, Sharecare, Michele Karetas Multimedia Specialist, WXIA-TV, Adam Wattenbarger,Station Manager, Atlanta, Salem Media Group and Jane Elliott,Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff, Global Payments.
This year’s TIC TEC KNO was made possible by the following corporate sponsors: Comcast Business Class, Global Payments, Atlanta Press Club and Atlanta Regional Commission.
Please view the pictures from the event here.
About Hub Magazine
Hub Magazine features timely news, ideas, people and trends that are at the intersection of Georgia’s Emerging technology community. Published quarterly, HUB Magazine reaches a potential 30,000 + subscribers via print and digital distribution. Learn more at: www.hubga.com
About The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
TAG is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 26,000 members through regional chapters in Metro Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Macon/Middle Georgia, and Savannah. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy.
The association provides networking and educational programs; celebrates Georgia’s technology leaders and companies; and advocates for legislative action that enhances the state’s economic climate for technology. TAG hosts over 200 events each year and serves as an umbrella organization for 34 professional societies.
For more information visit the TAG website at www.tagonline.org