Technology Association of Georgia
TAG FinTech Names 2017 ADVANCE Innovation Award Recipients
Five Winners Chosen in Inaugural Year, Showcasing FinTech Innovation with Connection to Georgia
ATLANTA Feb. 9, 2017 - The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG), the state’s foremost organization devoted to the advancement of Georgia’s technology industry, today announced the first-ever TAG Fintech ADVANCE Award winners at TAG FinTech GA 2017, the society’s premier annual event. The winning companies include GRO Solutions, Paymetric, Fiserv, Ensenta and Elavon. While startups and early-stage companies grab the spotlight, TAG FinTech ADVANCE Award winners represent established companies with proven innovative solutions bringing measurable results within the financial industry. As a hub for FinTech, the award winners needed to demonstrate a connection to Georgia such as a corporate presence, strategic partners, customers, board members or other relationships that have helped their company to prosper.
Here is more information on the five TAG FinTech ADVANCE Award recipients:
- Paymetric – Provides solutions that enable electronic payments to run securely across a variety of enterprise applications, including ERPs, order entry systems, web stores and call centers to a multitude of credit card processors and banks. Paymetric works with several Fortune 500 companies and is headquartered in Roswell, GA.
- GRO Solutions – A leader in mobile-first account opening and loan origination for banks and credit unions headquartered in Johns Creek, GA.
- Fiserv – The company introduced Verifast™ Palm Authentication, a faster, more secure and convenient biometric authentication solution based on near-infrared scanning of a customers’ palm vein patterns. Fiserv has a corporate campus in Alpharetta, GA and serves many financial institutions located in the state.
- Ensenta – Ensenta’s cloud-based risk mitigation technologies provide image-enabled ATMs, remote deposit capture (RDC) for mobile, online and merchant deposits and branch capture. The company partners with Atlanta-based, FinTech-focused William Mills Agency to promote their innovative solutions.
- Elavon – Headquartered in Atlanta, Elavon provides payment services that enable businesses to seamlessly process digital payments in a variety of forms, including chip cards and mobile payments.
“We received many qualified candidates for the first-ever TAG Fintech ADVANCE Awards,” said Sean Banks, partner of TTV Capital and TAG FinTech chair. “It is a testament to the number of innovative FinTech companies with ties to Georgia that have helped propel our state to be recognized as THE financial technology hub of the universe. The ADVANCE Award winners illustrate the tremendous teamwork between FinTech vendors, customer companies and the third party advisors that make technology work as envisioned while also reaping the benefits of its innovation.”
About TAG FinTech
TAG FinTech was founded in 2010 to address the specific needs of companies, individuals and investors serving the financial industry both domestically and abroad. Financial technology or FinTech encompasses products, solutions, services and information providers, which drive decisions, process payments and facilitate transactions for financial institutions. TAG FinTech's mission is to build recognition of Georgia as the hub of choice for the world's leading financial technology providers with the goal of accelerating the accumulation of capital by its members. For more information about TAG FinTech, visit www.tagonline.org/chapters-and-societies/fintech.
About Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
TAG is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 35,000 members through regional chapters in Metro Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Macon/Middle Georgia, and Savannah. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, influence and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances Georgia’s tech-based economy.
Additionally, the TAG Education Collaborative (TAG’s charitable arm) focuses on helping science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education initiatives thrive.
For more information visit the TAG website at www.tagonline.org or TAG’s community website at www.hubga.com. To learn about the TAG-Ed Collaborative visit www.tagedonline.org/.