FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hub Magazine Showcase Georgia Crowdfunding Platforms in latest Issue
Publication by Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) features the state's Financial Technology Industry.
ATLANTA (March 3, 2015) – The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG), one of the nation’s largest state trade organizations dedicated to technology and innovation, recently showcased five Georgia-based organizations that operate crowdfunding platforms in the latest issue of Hub Magazine.
The current issue of Hub Magazine features Peach State innovators in the crowdfunding space. Thanks to the Invest Georgia Exemption (IGE), a number of crowdfunding companies have emerged across the state as a new way to help fund great ideas:
- Georgia Tech Starter- The world's first peer-reviewed, university-based crowdfunding platform for science and engineering projects.
- 478-BIBB FUND- a micro-grant organization and platform for the Central Georgia region to fund great ideas with $1,000 at a time.
- GROUNDFLOOR- A microlending community for real estate that enables individual microlenders to back independent commercial borrowers with direct secured loans that pay 6-26% annually.
- SparkMarket- An intrastate equity crowdfunding platform that made history by hosting the first successful equity-based crowdfund open to the U. S. public in 2013.
- SterlingFunder- An equity, debt and rewards crowdfunding portal which connects startup companies seeking capital with investors.
The organizations were in the magazine’s Georgia Upstarts section, which is a regular feature that profiles startups, innovators and disruptors with intriguing technology products/solutions in the marketplace or that are ready to be released within the next 5-6 months.
Georgia Upstarts can be found on page 25 of the FinTech issue of Hub Magazine.
The FinTech issue of Hub Magazine offers a glimpse of the industry in Georgia which is recognized as one of the leading Financial Technology capitals in the nation. The sector produces more than $34 Billion annually, and employs 25,000 in the state and over 135,000 globally.
View the digital version of the magazine by clicking READ NOW at: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/839251
About Hub Magazine
Hub Magazine features timely news, ideas, people and trends that are at the intersection of Georgia’s Emerging technology community. Published quarterly, HUB Magazine reaches a potential 26,000 + subscribers via print and digital distribution. Learn more at: www.hubga.com
About The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
TAG is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 26,000 members through regional chapters in Metro Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Macon/Middle Georgia, and Savannah. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy.
The association provides networking and educational programs; celebrates Georgia’s technology leaders and companies; and advocates for legislative action that enhances the state’s economic climate for technology. TAG hosts over 200 events each year and serves as an umbrella organization for 34 professional societies.
For more information visit the TAG website at www.tagonline.org