TAG wants to encourage our members and community to stay healthy and active during this time of "social distancing". So...let's take on the virtual Mount Everest Step Challenge!
Whether you start in April or in August, you can complete the climb! Those climbers that started earlier can cycle through the climb several times before September 30th. How many times can you climb Mt. Everest?!
Climb stairs, walk, run or do anything active anywhere you want. Then log activity and see yourself move on our map and leaderboards. Catch a Google street view of your virtual locale, then cheer your real fellow racers! Share your bib on social media! Brag about your streaks or longest runs!
We’ve got racers all over the globe! So to keep everyone on the same page, we’ve come up with some handy guidelines:
- We rely on the honor system… you don’t have to use a device to prove your miles — a good map suffices.
- Please attribute your activity to the appropriate day — don’t combine workouts from multiple days.
- Please only backdate logs for a race up to two weeks in the past.
- Activities submitted after the race ends will not count toward race leaderboards.
Questions? Email Heather Maxfield at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up by submitting your name and email.
- Climb stairs or walk anywhere (seriously, anywhere).
- You track your activity by a GPS watch, app, sundial, change in the tides, or any other means.
- Reply to a daily email with your activity (yea! you’re smokin’ fast!).
- Your place on a map is plotted instantly (you get a really cool avatar!).
- Your total mileage, runs/week, and miles/week will be tracked.