Non Fungible Tokens – NFT’s and the Internet of Value
What does Dorsey’s first-ever tweet, Nayans Cat, a burned Banksy painting, Grime’s music videos have in common? [They all have been minted into NFTs using blockchain technology]
What do Mark Cuban, Snoop Dog and Chamath Palihapitiya have in common? [They all are famous billionaires investing in an extensive NFT portfolio]
What does Dorsey’s first-ever tweet, a burned Banksy painting, and Bitcoin have in common? [They all are now digital assets enabling ‘value’ transfer from peer-to-peer using blockchain technology]
As the world of Non-fungible Tokens exploded in the last few months, it has left people amazed, excited and confused. NFTs provide creators and investors the ability to sell and buy exclusively digital objects that range from weird 3D videos to songs and everything in between. And the buying and selling is happening on peer-to-peer NFT marketplaces. A new alignment is forming – creators, sellers, buyers, facilitators, market venues – all aspects of historic roles are subject to reconsideration.
It opens up questions:
- Is this another tulip mania?
- What is the technology underlying creating these NFTs?
- What is considered “value”?
- What is “art”?
- Intellectual property rights and copyright – Who owns what?
- How are rights asserted? Preserved?
- Business models – How are creators and artists becoming part of the revenue model of their art?
- Is this a social and cultural phenomenon fueled by technologies of the day? Have you attended an “NFT drop party” or a Clubhouse session on NFT wealth management??
- Is this sustainable use of technology? What about energy use and climate change?
- How can you transact in NFT’s?
And plenty more. Come join us, play in the future and understand the world of Non-fungible Tokens.
Latest News and Background
SVP, Digital League Business Operations, Growth & Innovation
Director of Products
Founder, 2X Tedx Speaker
Dr. Benn Konsynski
George S. Craft Distinguished University Professor