This event will offer viewpoints on the following:
- Investment trends in the health tech/digital health space before COVID-19 and how the investment landscape and deal activity has changed due to COVID-19.
- Acquisitions and the impact of COVID-19 on investments and the telehealth business.
- Taking capital before COVID-19 and how COVID-19 impacted the use of these funds.
- How local Georgia private equity and venture capital firms continue investing despite COVID-19.
Peter J. Micca
Partner with 30 years of experience serving a broad array of clients in all sectors of the healthcare and life sciences industry, including; significant experience with health plans, pharmacy benefit management, clinical and diagnostic operations, emerging growth and private equity financed organizations in life sciences, including health technology and services, and healthcare providers, applying a deep knowledge of industry sector business issues regarding the emerging trends surrounding consumerism, convergence, cost and consolidation.
- Currently is our National Audit and Assurance Health Tech Leader, leading the development of our Health Tech national industry go to market strategy, including client service, business development, marketing and eminence surrounding organizations developing the innovative and disruptive technology and services to the life sciences, health plan and healthcare provider sectors.
- Has previously served as our National Audit and Assurance Sector Leader – Health Plans and National Assurance and Enterprise Risk Services Industry Leader.
- Has served and delivered a diverse cross-section of solutions to organizations in the healthcare and life sciences industry, including experience with external audits, assurance and enterprise risk management, corporate governance and compliance, cyber risk, internal control, internal audit, and mergers and acquisitions services. Previously served in our special mergers and acquisitions services group dedicated to transactions exclusively in the healthcare and life sciences industry.
- Speaker and presenter on emerging accounting, financial reporting and industry issues to external organizations, including: Digital Health Innovation Summit, Rock Health and the Financial Times Health Tech Summit; Financial Executives International, American Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) and the JP Morgan Health Conference. Currently serves on the advisory board of the Digital Health Innovation Summit.
- Significant experience working with strategic, operational and private equity buyers and initial public offerings, SEC registration statements and comment letters, organizational carve-outs and spin-offs, including various portfolio companies of Blackstone, KKR, General Atlantic Partners, TA Associates and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Board of Advisors – St. John’s University College of Business
- Board of Directors, Audit Committee and President – New York Boy Scouts of America
Representative Clients Previously Served
Catalent Pharmaceutical Solutions (spin out of Cardinal Health)
Columbia – Cornell Care
Cigna – Qualcare Alliance operations
Change Healthcare (spin out of McKesson and Blackstone Investment)
inVentiv Health (former portfolio of THL Partners)
Medco Health Solutions (spin out of Merck)
Multiplan (General Atlantic Partners investment)
Oscar Health (Thrive Capital and Fidelity investment)
United Health Group
Wellcare Health Plans, including the Universal American operations
Various Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans
EVP Corporate Development
Kathy Harris serves as executive vice president of Corporate Development of Sharecare Inc., a digital health and wellness engagement platform founded by Jeff Arnold, the founder of WebMD, and Dr. Mehmet Oz. With extensive experience in finance and investment, Kathy leads the Company’s M&A activity and assists in its capital-raising and investor relations activities. Sharecare has completed 15 acquisitions since inception in 2011.
Before joining Sharecare, Kathy was a General Partner at Noro-Moseley Partners (NMP), where she built a dedicated business development function that entailed cultivating and strengthening the Firm’s relationships in the entrepreneurial community, building a strong deal generation network and increasing and enhancing the Firm’s visibility and brand. She also focused on the firm’s investment activities in the healthcare industry and served on the Board of Valor Healthcare, Inc. (acquired by Humana) and as a Board observer on Senior Whole Health (acquired by TA Associates).
Prior to NMP, she was a Partner at Technology Ventures, an Atlanta-based venture capital firm where she evaluated investment opportunities in the information technology areas and actively worked with the firm’s portfolio companies. Prior to Technology Ventures, Kathy served as National Marketing Manager of Sirrom Capital Corporation, where she oversaw all business development and loan origination activities. At Sirrom, Kathy originated mezzanine investments totaling over $100 million, including WebMD (merged with Healtheon) and Radiant Systems (acquired by NCR Corporation). Before Sirrom, Kathy spent more than 10 years at J.C. Bradford & Co. (now UBS) where she was Senior Vice President of the Investment Banking Group. She was involved in more than 100 investment banking transactions totaling over $2 billion including equity, debt and convertible debenture public offerings and private equity and debt placements. She was also involved in M&A and financial advisory assignments; and provided banking services to a broad array of industries with a focus on housing, consumer products, healthcare and specialty retailing.
Kathy started her career at KPMG and is a CPA licensed in Tennessee (inactive). She holds an MBA from the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University, and received her BS in Accounting from Murray State University.
Kathy currently serves on the Board of Kindbody, a New York-based company that is reinventing women’s healthcare through a national network of boutique locations, and the Board and Executive Committee of The Metro Atlanta Chamber. She has served on the Board and Audit Committee of Progyny, based in New York, a publicly traded fertility benefits management company; The Women’s Leadership Board at Harvard’s Kennedy School; and Vanderbilt’s Owen Alumni Board of Directors. From 2009 to 2015, she served on the Board of the Clemson University Research Foundation, where she was Chair of the Finance and Audit Committees.
In 2018, Kathy was recognized among 20 “Women Who Mean Business” by the Atlanta Business Chronicle for her civic leadership and various professional contributions. In 2013, the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association named her a top finalist for its Woman in Healthcare Leadership Award; and in 2006, Business to Business Magazine named her one of Atlanta’s 16 “Women of Excellence.” She also was named to OnBoard’s Executive Leadership Honor Roll in 2007.
Philip is a Partner with Fulcrum Equity Partners. He currently serves on the board of directors of Stratasan, Advantum Health, GoPivot, Fattmerchant and LiveSource. He previously served on the Boards of MFG.com and ALS Resolvion. From 2015 – 2017 he served as the CFO for RivalHealth, helping guide the company through its merger with gBehavior, now branded GoPivot, and he is currently in an operating role with SaaSOptics. On top of these roles, he is actively involved in leading new investments as well as assisting in business development efforts.
Mr. Lewis served on the board of directors and selection committee for Venture Atlanta (he chaired the 10th anniversary conference in 2017) and was on the board of CED in North Carolina. He previously was on the board of the corporate development society for the Technology Association of Georgia, founded the Young Southern Capital Group and served multiple years on the selection committee for the Technology Association of Georgia’s Top 10/40 Most Innovative Company awards.
Philip joined in 2007 as an Analyst and was subsequently promoted to Associate, Director & Principal before becoming a Partner. Prior to joining Fulcrum, Mr. Lewis was employed as an Investment Banking Analyst with A.G. Edwards & Sons in St. Louis. Mr. Lewis received a B.S. in Business Administration with concentrations in Finance and Accounting and a minor in Spanish from Washington University in St. Louis. While in college he worked for the Michelson Organization, a Real Estate Private Equity Fund that manages over $1 billion in assets.
Outside of Fulcrum, Mr. Lewis is a member of the Leadership Council for non-profit Year Up! Atlanta and previously chaired the steering committee of the NextWave Society at the Georgia Aquarium.
Director, Business Development
As Regional Business Development Director for Cherry Bekaert, Georgi is responsible for originating and developing the Firm’s relationships with middle market business owners, strategic partners and private equity investors in the Southeast.
Georgi has more than 15 years of business development and marketing experience working with professional service firms to assist in their overall growth strategy around new business initiatives. Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Georgi led business development for Atlanta-based M&A advisory firm, VRA Partners. Georgi created and executed the go-to-market strategy for VRA Partners which focused on relationships with business owners and investors in the technology, healthcare and industrial sectors. She also held similar business development roles with Morgan Stanley Wealth and Focus Investment Bank. Georgi’s career started in investment banking as an analyst with KPMG’s Corporate Finance group and in equity research with The Robinson Humphrey Company.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Accounting Methods
- Growth Strategy Implementation
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Partner Development
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Technology Association of Georgia
- Venture Atlanta
- Mt Bethel Children’s Ministry Volunteer