About this Event
This course is delivered as a blend of eLearning and six 4-hour virtual sessions with a certified instructor. Class takes place from 1:30 P.M EST – 5:30 P.M. EST on June 8, June 11, June 15, June 18, June 22, and June 24.
As an aspiring IT Security professional, you must ask yourself which certifications are going to make you the most employable. The simple answer to that question is the one that gives you the skills that employers are looking for. CyberSec First Responder from CertNexus is that certification. It covers all the different job responsibilities and tools that actual IT Security professionals do on a day to day basis. Why spend time taking multiple certifications and studying for multiple exams when you can take CyberSec First Responder and be ready for all roles inside an Incident Response and Analysis team.
In this course, you will understand, assess and respond to security threats and operate a system and network security analysis platform.
- Compare and contrast various threats and classify threat profile
- Explain the purpose and use of attack tools and technique
- Explain the purpose and use of post exploitation tools and tactic
- Explain the purpose and use of social engineering tactic
- Given a scenario, perform ongoing threat landscape research and use data to prepare for incident
- Explain the purpose and characteristics of various data source
- Given a scenario, use appropriate tools to analyze log
- Given a scenario, use regular expressions to parse log files and locate meaningful data
- Given a scenario, use Windows tools to analyze incidents
- Given a scenario, use Linux-based tools to analyze incidents
- Summarize methods and tools used for malware analysis
- Given a scenario, analyze common indicators of potential compromise
- Explain the importance of best practices in preparation for incident response
- Given a scenario, execute incident response process
- Explain the importance of concepts that are unique to forensic analysis
- Explain general mitigation methods and devices