Training Overview for TAG Members
Welcome to the TAG Training webpage. TAG strives to be a resource for all its members. This TAG Training webpage is designed central information source for our training programs throughout the year. Be sure to check this page periodically or bookmark the following link, http://www.tagonline.org/training, for updated training information. We place all of our upcoming programs on the “Training” tab on the TAG website as new programs are added.
Overview of TAG Training: TAG Training Programs fall into a few broad categories:
- Open Enrollment Training: Each year, TAG partners with 2-3 training providers to provide open enrollment training courses to TAG members at a discounted rate. See below for our upcoming programs.
- Training Provider Directory: In 2015, TAG will launch a new training provider directory to connect TAG members with high-quality training provider organizations. If you are looking for targeted training, you can also contactKelly Marble at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Hackathons: TAG Hacklab, a new iniatitive of TAG, helps companies and organizations, plan, promote, and execute their very own hackathon events. Hackathons are great for talent recruitment, new product development, and corporate citizenship.
Partnered Open Enrollment Training:
Each year, TAG partners with selected training providers to offer 2-3 open enrollment training courses. These courses typically offer a significant discount to TAG members. Non-members are welcome to participate as well. These open enrollment courses are selected base on popular demand from our members and provide important strategic or tactical tools that will yield a strong ROI on a company or individual's investment in the course.
- Big Nerd Ranch App Development (Year Round) This group offers a variety of web and app development boot camps. Training courses in include Ruby On Rails, Android, front-end design, user interface, and Java. These are typically 5-day immersive courses on various programming languages. The instructors are also full-time developers and designers.
- CIO Certification Series (Sept. 30, Oct. 7, Oct. 14) The CIO Certification Series is a 3-week training program developed for aspiring (and existing) CIOs and CTOs. In the 3 sessions of this program, one session per week, participants discover the ins-and-outs of the CIO role and learn valuable tools and techniques for strategic planning, positioning, managing operations, and managing resources and budgets. Attendees hear stories and advice from real CIOs during class sessions and at one CIO Roundtable program.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Series (Nov. 5-6 and 11-13) Join us at Birch Communications, an industry technology leader and instructors, where Riverwood Associates will offer this 5-day immersive training course to become a certified Lean Six Sigma professional. Learn proven techniques and practical tools to reduce waste, increase profitability, improve quality, and drive overall business improvement. The instructors do a great job of tailoring this course to technology-based and technology-enabled businesses.
Training Provider Directory:
Coming this fall, TAG will launch a new Training Provider Directory, which will give more specifics on the programs our training providers offer. This directory will help connect TAG members with quality training programs offered by TAG training providers.
- For Members: A full listing of TAG training providers is available at www.tagonline.org/training. Any of the training providers that TAG works with can offer customized training onsite at your location, or TAG can help you find a venue for this training. Let TAG know your training needs, and TAG is glad to connect you with a vetted training provider. Contact Kelly Marble, Director of Executive Engagement, at email@example.com with your training needs, and we will get work, helping you find your desired training.
- For Training Providers: If you are a training provider interested in having your company listed in the directory, click here for more information. The directory is a great way to gain exposure to TAG member companies.
TAG Hacklab: TAG’s new initiative is that we can help companies strategize, market, and execute their own hackathons. These events can take place in a variety of formats: internal hackathons for your employees to encourage innovation and creative problem solving; external hackathons for talent development and recruitment; or service-oriented hackathons that benefit a non-profit or charity. TAG Hacklab services come in three levels:
- HackPack Build: Rely on our expertise to help you build a roadmap for your next hackathon. Non-Profit Matchmaking: pair an enterprise with a reputable non-profit organization
- HackPack Promote: After building out your hackathon roadmap, we’ll leverage our relationships with Georgia’s tech leaders to help spread the word and encourage talented hackers to attend your event. Partnerships: connect you with partners and promote your event to hackers
- HackPack Execute: From start to finish, we’ll help you plan, promote and implement your most successful hackathon yet. Company-Specific Deliverables: help you identify and achieve specific outcomes
Resources for Learning Leaders and Training Professionals
- TAG Workplace Learning Society: If you are a learning leader, training professional, or HR manager, you might be interested in getting involved in some of our other programs or your own benefit. For example, you might be interested in participating in our TAG Workplace Learning Society. This group, “educates, unites and informs business professionals that are interested in the use of technology as a means to increase the measurable and sustainable business impact of learning in the workplace.” Visit http://www.tagonline.org/chapters-and-societies/workplace-learning for more information and upcoming events offered by TAG Workplace Learning
- TAG Human Resources & Diversity Society: TAG Human Resources and Diversity has the mission to assist professionals within technology and tech-driven companies with the development and management of their human resources and diversity initiatives, and to increase awareness regarding the positive impact on business goals when diversity is leveraged within organizations. Visit http://www.tagonline.org/chapters-and-societies/hr-and-diversity for more information and upcoming events offered by TAG Human Resources & Diversity.
- Other Resources: In addition to supporting the technology community with events and society meetings, TAG also provides a wealth of information on its websites: the State of the Industry Report, whitepaper program, Press Releases, Community Calendar, TAG TV, and TAG Radio.
TAG Training & Professional Development Contact:
For more information on TAG training and professional development programs, please contact Kelly Marble, Director of Executive Engagment, at Kelly@tagonline.org.