CyberSecurity Leadership Program
July 25-29, 2016
Georgia Tech Global Learning Center
84 5th St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
Georgia Tech’s intensive, four-day program addresses cybersecurity risks and the policy, legal, and human dimensions that senior executives need to master to proactively manage, evaluate, and respond to cybersecurity threats. Upon completion, participants receive a Georgia Tech Cybersecurity Leadership Certificate.
This program provides an in-depth, real-world understanding of the challenges, context, and import of information technology and the global complexity of cybersecurity. Candidates are required to apply to participate in the program.
Who Should Apply?
Participants will be selected from an exclusive pool of qualified applicants recruited by Georgia Tech cyber leaders and stakeholders.
- Incumbent or aspiring senior corporate and government executives
- Civilian and military officers
- Policy advisors
Join a select group of 25 to 30 rising leaders from industry and government!
How to Apply:
To apply, please go to this page and submit the following:
- Brief Statement of Purpose: In this 150-word statement, please include your rationale for taking part in this workshop. If you were nominated for the program, please specify the name, title, and organization of the nominator. Please specify if self nominated.
- One-Page Resume: Please state your current and past employment information including position, employer, and duration of employment, followed by your education.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 3rd, 2016
Acceptance Deadline: Friday, June 24th, 2016
First Day: Monday, July 25th @ 12 PM
The program features lectures from Georgia Tech experts, presentations from industry and government leaders, a tour of a security operations center, and tabletop exercises. No prior expertise in coding or network operations is required to participate in the workshop. At the conclusion of the program, attendees will be awarded a Georgia Tech Cybersecurity Leadership Certificate.
Speakers include Georgia Tech faculty, cybersecurity researchers, and other leaders in the field from industry and government. New speakers, instructors, and content are being added every day. Download the preliminary program for a full list of confirmed speakers.
- Mustaque Ahamad - Professor of Computer Science at Georgia Tech, Co–Founder and Chief Scientist at Pindrop Security
- Dimitri Alperovitch - Co-Founder and CTO, Crowdstrike
- R. William (Bill) Ide – Partner, Dentons
- Chris Kirchhoff - Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Council
- Christopher Klaus - former Founder and CTO of Internet Security Systems
- Peter Swire - Nancy J. and Lawrence P. Huang Professor of Law and Ethics, Scheller College of Business, Georgia Tech
- Admiral James A. Winnefeld, Jr. - former Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Professor, Sam Nunn School of International Relations, Georgia Tech
Day 1 – Setting the Baseline
Day 2 – Scoping the Problems
Day 3 – Organizational Readiness
Day 4 – Government, Law, and Policy
Day 5 – Bringing it all Together