CapVenture is designed to equip early stage company executives with the tools and knowledge needed for a smarter and more productive capitalization of their business. Participants in CapVenture will further develop their business plan, making them more attractive to customers and investors.
Through participation in this 6 week program, companies will:
- Work through the Business Model Canvas
- Learn the importance of customer discovery and important techniques.
- Outline a go-to-market strategy utilizing feedback from industry experts
- Understand what makes a start-up company desirable to investors.
- Develop peer and mentor relationships to facilitate valuable connections for their businesses
- Learn the importance of valuation and demonstrated performance.
- Meet and Learn from active investors, funded CEOs and community resources!
Session 1: "What Are We Doing Here?"
Monday, October 12, 5:00pm-8:00pm
- The Business Model Canvas, featuring Stephen Fleming, VP, Georgia Tech
- The Road to Customer Discovery with Johnson Cook, former CEO of Voxa
Session 2: "Who Are Your Customers?"
Monday, October 19, 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Go-To-Market Strategies with Jim Mitchell (CSO and CMO, Enrich), Kathleen Kurre (President, Fusion Advisors), Bob Cross, (Chairman & CEO, Revenue Analytics). and Genna Keller (Principal, Trevelino/Keller)
- Go-To-Market Roundtables: ask the experts and get one-on-one feedback about your startup
Session 3: "Why Will You Succeed?"
Monday, October 26, 5:00pm-8:00pm
Session 4: Projections
Monday, November 2, 5:00pm-8:00pm
- “Hockey sticks, Spreadsheets & Magic 8-balls," by Michael Blake (Founder, Arpeggio Advisors and Co-Founder, StartupLounge)
- Models & Projections: Leverage data, cost structure, and revenue streams
- PitchCamp: get hands-on coaching for refining your pitch
Session 5: "Know Your Audience"
Monday, November 9, 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Researching Your Investors to Know your Audience with Bill Jones (CEO, CollectorDASH), Paul Iaffaldano (Principal, Accelerant Digital Equity), and more.
- Alternative Funding Strategies with Sapna Patel (Managing Director, SeedInvest)
Session 6: Finale & Presentations
Monday, November 16, 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Pitch Presentations: Show us whatcha got! Finale Event (Open to Everyone)
"As part of CapVenture's coaching sessions, CodeGuard was paired with mentors Joan Herbig and Jethro Felton from ControlScan. Having raised capital for technology ventures numerous times, they were extremely helpful in providing relevant and applicable advice that we could immediately apply. Joan & Jethro also have a track record of performance and execution, and that added gravity to their advice. Overall, I'm glad we participated in CapVenture - it not only helped refine the pitch we were using to raise capital, but also opened doors for new relationships in the local technology community."
- David Moeller, CodeGuard
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
Download Sponsor Opportunities Flyer
For more information contact:
Lowell Pratt, Director of Executive Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.