TAG FinTech is pleased to announce our 2017 FinTech Innovation Award!
Congratulations to TrustStamp - 2017 FinTech Innovation Award Winner!
The TAG FinTech Innovation Award promotes innovation in the Georgia FinTech ecosystem by recognizing and publicizing startup companies that are designing innovative technology-based solutions that have a positive impact on the FinTech market and providing them with support to thrive. Participating companies receive education and mentoring from industry veterans, as well as access to a network of industry leaders.
The $50,000 cash award is awarded to the startup that is judged to have the most innovative solution and the potential to make the most significant impact on the FinTech market. The award winner will also be accepted free of charge into the ATDC Accelerate program at the Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) at Georgia Tech.
The Innovation Award Education and Mentoring program will take place on Thursday nights in January 2017 in Buckhead at the offices of Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP located in the Atlanta Financial Center. The program will conclude with a “pitch night,” which will be held on January 26th. A panel of judges, made up of Award sponsors, will select 2-3 finalists to present their innovation at the TAG FinTech Symposium on February 9, 2017. A winner will be announced at the conclusion of the TAG FinTech GA 2017 symposium. The deadline for applications has been extended so apply today!
Award Overview and Requirements:
- Applicants must complete the TAG FinTech three-session education and mentoring program in its entirety to be eligible for the $50,000 award.
- The $50,000 award is a non-equity cash award.
- The winner will receive admission into the ATDC Accelerate program for six months free of charge. Current ATDC Accelerate or Educate companies will have fees waived for six months.
- Applicant innovations must be targeted at the greater financial services industry.
- Applicants must be headquartered, or committed to locating their headquarters, in the state of Georgia.
- Applicants must be early stage companies (pre-profitability and less than $1 million in capital raised).
- Individuals (pre-incorporation), including students, are welcome to apply.
- More than one applicant is required for the award selection process to be in place.
- There is no cost to participate for accepted companies/individuals. Finalists who are selected to present at TAG FinTech GA 2017 will each receive one free admission to the symposium.
Thank you to our grant sponsors
Thank you to
About TAG FinTech
TAG FinTech's mission is to build recognition of Georgia as the hub of choice for the world's leading financial technology providers (a counterpart to Silicon Valley for technology or Hartford for insurance) with the goal of accelerating the accumulation of capital by its members.
We will accomplish this by fostering a business environment conducive to the ongoing success of the community's companies, employees, service providers, educational institutions, entrepreneurs and investors, helping them create, build, and maintain innovative financial services that meet their customers' growing needs.
To continue expanding the hub, FinTech will empower a collaborative culture that attracts and retains innovation, jobs, partnerships, and capital, and where successful entrepreneurs can reinvest in the local ecosystem to help sustain the space.
About The Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC)
Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center is a nationally recognized science and technology incubator that helps Georgia entrepreneurs launch and build successful companies, providing strategic business advice and connecting its member companies to the people and resources they need to succeed. More than 100 companies have emerged from the ATDC, including publicly-traded firms such as MindSpring Enterprises – now part of EarthLink.
Headquartered at the Georgia Institute of Technology, ATDC has been recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the nation’s top nonprofit incubators. ATDC was formed in 1980 to stimulate growth in Georgia’s technology business base.
For more information on the TAG FinTech Innovation Award, please contact Derek Howard, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 404-920-2009.