Accepting applications for the
2018 FinTech Innovation Award
The TAG FinTech Innovation Award Challenge recognizes Georgia’s best early-stage FinTech companies by showcasing them at the region’s premier FinTech startup competition. The Innovation Award Challenge is held as part of FinTech South 2018 with the winner receiving a $50,000 cash award along with being accepted free of charge into the ATDC Accelerate program for one year. This prize package is by far one of the best in the nation.
To be one of the companies competing for this award, eligible FinTech Startups (see Eligibility Requirements below) must first apply and be accepted into the Innovation Award’s Education and Mentoring program. Eight to 10 startups will be selected to participate in the program which offers relevant educational sessions, mentoring from industry veterans, as well as access to a network of industry leaders based in Georgia.
The Education and Mentoring program will take place on successive Thursday nights in April and conclude on May 5th with a “pitch night”. A panel of judges made up of Award sponsors will select three finalists to present their innovation at the TAG FinTech Innovation Award Challenge at FinTech South on May 7, 2018 at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
The deadline for applications is March 23rd so apply today!
Any questions, please contact TAGFinTechInnovationAward@tagonline.org
Award Overview and Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must attend in-person and complete all four sessions of the TAG FinTech Innovation Award Education and Mentoring program to be eligible for the $50,000 award (the sessions will be held in Midtown Atlanta).
- The $50,000 award is a non-equity cash award.
- The winner will receive admission into the ATDC Accelerate program for one year free of charge. Current ATDC Accelerate or Educate companies will have fees waived for one year. To be eligible for the prize, the winner must accept and abide by the terms and conditions as laid out by ATDC.
- Applicant innovations must be targeted at the greater financial services industry.
- Applicants must be headquartered, or committed to locating their headquarters, in the state of Georgia.
- Applicants must be early stage companies (pre-profitability and less than $1 million in funds raised).
- Individuals (pre-incorporation) are welcome to apply.
- More than one applicant is required for the award selection process to be in place.
- There is no cost to participate for accepted companies/individuals. Finalists who are selected to present at the TAG FinTech Innovation Award Challenge and receive free admission to FinTech South 2018.
Thank you to our Innovation Challenge Sponsors
TAG FinTech's mission is to build recognition of Georgia as the hub of choice for the world's leading financial technology providers (a counterpart to Silicon Valley for technology or Hartford for insurance) with the goal of accelerating the accumulation of capital by its members.
We will accomplish this by fostering a business environment conducive to the ongoing success of the community's companies, employees, service providers, educational institutions, entrepreneurs and investors, helping them create, build, and maintain innovative financial services that meet their customers' growing needs.
To continue expanding the hub, FinTech will empower a collaborative culture that attracts and retains innovation, jobs, partnerships, and capital, and where successful entrepreneurs can reinvest in the local ecosystem to help sustain the space.
Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center is a nationally recognized science and technology incubator that helps Georgia entrepreneurs launch and build successful companies, providing strategic business advice and connecting its member companies to the people and resources they need to succeed. More than 100 companies have emerged from the ATDC, including publicly-traded firms such as MindSpring Enterprises – now part of EarthLink.
Headquartered at the Georgia Institute of Technology, ATDC has been recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the nation’s top nonprofit incubators. ATDC was formed in 1980 to stimulate growth in Georgia’s technology business base.