Technology Association of Georgia
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Impact of the Cloud and Cybersecurity on Data Centers and Fiber Networks
ATLANTA, GA-- March 06, 2017-- Industry analysts predict enterprise cloud adoption will continue to increase this year as organizations seek to host core processes and software applications offsite. In addition, more software developers are expected to gravitate to The Cloud for software development and data storage. The growth of cloud presents its own set of challenges as data center operators must maintain data security as well as ensure fiber cable and equipment are protected too. In addition, data center operators must incorporate new security measures to address federal, medical and financial industry mandates including data encryption.
Join TAG Infrastructure on Wednesday, March 15, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Heritage Sandy Springs as our expert panel explores data center industry changes and other issues impacting telecommunications. The panel, which is being moderated by Brian Savory, owner of Maxwell, Gordon & Bass, features Tim Kiser, owner and founder of Colo Atl, and Dr. Scott Wilkinson, Senior Marketing Portfolio Director of ECI Telecom. The team will address the following:
• What types of industry changes might we expect in 2017?
• How will political changes in the U.S. and around the globe impact the data center industry and fiber optic equipment manufacturers in 2017?
• What are the new and innovative changes relative to connectivity and data center design?
• What are the implications of new consolidators emerging in the data center arena?
“Hacking is a growing concern for both enterprise and operators. Today, it’s not only the data that must be secured but the equipment and fiber optic cable as well,” Brian Savory said.
About the Speakers
- Timothy A. Kiser, Owner and Founder of Colo Atl, is a licensed professional engineer in 35 states and has designed more than 70 telecommunications facilities. Mr. Kiser also operates the Georgia Technology Center (GTC) and the Southeast Network Access Point (SNAP), both of which are located in Colo Atl’s facility at 55 Marietta Street.
- Dr. Scott Wilkinson has 20 years of telecommunications industry experience ranging from fiber to the premises (FTTP), to long-haul transport, Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN/NFV-enabled networks.
Moderator Brian Savory offers extensive knowledge in fiber-based transport networks, carrier hotels, data networks and wireless telecommunications.
For more information about the event and to register please visit: https://s07.123signup.com/servlet/SignUpMember?PG=1521974182300&P=15219741911431410300&Info.
About TAG Infrastructure
The TAG Infrastructure society’s mission is to become the expert resource for companies interested in locating their business within the state of Georgia. We believe that maintaining a comprehensive technology report on Georgia's road, power, water, real-estate and fiber infrastructure, along with the services enabled by these resources, makes Georgia the logical choice for the next high-tech industry destination. For more information, please visit: http://www.tagonline.org/chapters-and-societies/infrastructure/.