The Third Annual STEM Education Awards
September 26, 2014
Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
Photos from the Third Annual STEM Education Awards
2014 STEM Education Award Winners
Elementary School: Mableton Elementary School, Mableton
Middle School: Cornerstone Schools, Cumming
- Cornerstone is a private school in Forsyth County, Georgia, of 350 students from nursery school to the ninth grade that emphasizes science, technology, and engineering principles, at all levels,
High School: Ridgeland High School, Rossville
- Ridgeland High School’s STEM Academy integrates lessons with science, mathematics, engineering, and agricultural science courses.
STEM Certified School Outreach: Wheeler High School, Marietta
- As a STEM Certified School, Wheeler High strives to help nearby schools maximize STEM opportunities by opening its labs, providing regular tours, and sharing best practices with counterparts from other schools.
Extracurricular Program: Sandy Springs Education Force - GTRI STEM Event, Sandy Springs
- Sandy Springs Education Force partnered with Georgia Tech Research Institute to bring the Fourth Annual SSEF STEM event to the eleven Sandy Springs public schools in February 2014 impacting over 3000 students.
Post Secondary Outreach: Augusta Technical College, Augusta
- Augusta Technical College is collaborating with multiple nuclear partners and local high and middle schools to develop and implement an energy workforce pipeline.
Georgia STEM Day Activity: Isle of Hope K-8, Savannah
- Isle of Hope’s K-8 STEM program offers courses and enrichment activities to students featuring multimedia development, computer coding and game creation, and will add animation (2D/3D), design (3D), robotics, 3D printing, as well as science and medical experiments the next year.
Corporate Outreach: Automation Direct, Cumming
- Automation Direct promotes STEM education in the local community, the state of Georgia, the region and nationally with funding, supplies, mentors and volunteers for FIRST Lego League Robotics, VEX Robotics, BEST Robotics, Boy Scout summer Camps and STEM Merit Badge Development.
2013 STEM Education Award Winners
Elementary School: Hightower Elementary STEM School, DeKalb County
Middle School: Rossville Middle School, Walker County
High School: Forsyth Central High School, Forsyth County
Extracurricular Program:CFY: Atlanta’s Digital Learning Program, Fulton County
Post Secondary Outreach: Georgia Tech’s Center for Education Integrating Science Mathematics and Computing(CEISMC)
Classroom Technology: Woodville Tompkins Technical and Career High School, Savannah-Chatham County
Corporate Outreach: General Electric (GE), Atlanta, Fulton County
Best STEM Day Activity: Woodland Middle School, East Point, Fulton County
2012 STEM Education Award Winners
Middle School: Carrollton Middle School, Carrollton
High School: Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology, Lawrenceville
Post Secondary Outreach: Georgia College, Milledgeville
Extracurricular Program: Explorer Post, Savannah
Science Agency: Georgia Intern-Fellowships for Teachers (GIFT), Atlanta
Public-Private Partnership: Georgia Power and Savannah Chatham County Public School System, Savannah