The Fourth Annual STEM Education Awards
Individuals, schools, companies, and organizations are invited to nominate themselves or others by completing the online survey found at here. Nominations are due by 4:00PM June 5, 2015.
Nomination categories include:
- Elementary School- This category recognizes innovative STEM curriculum and programs in Elementary Schools that promote STEM Education in the classroom and expand STEM skills while helping to point students towards productive technology related careers.
- Middle School- This category recognizes innovative STEM curriculum and programs in Middle Schools that promote STEM Education in the classroom and expand STEM skills while helping to point students towards productive technology related careers.
- High School- This category recognizes innovative STEM curriculum and programs in High Schools that promote STEM Education in the classroom and expand STEM skills while helping to point students towards productive Technology related careers.
- STEM Certified School Outreach- This category recognizes the crucial role that STEM Certified schools play in mentoring other schools that are working towards certification. Nominees for this award will be evaluated based on their outreach efforts supporting other schools and programs.
- Post Secondary Outreach- This category was established to recognize the crucial work of attracting and transitioning students interested in STEM Education to post secondary programs that expand STEM skills and lead to productive technology related careers.
- Extracurricular Program- This category recognizes extracurricular programs who provide innovative STEM opportunities for students in order to expand STEM skills and workforce readiness.
- STEM Day Activity- This category was created to recognize the best activities conducted by a school or extracurricular program during Georgia’s 2nd Annual STEM Day.
- Corporate Outreach- This category recognizes the efforts of the business community to get involved and better prepare our students for technology careers of the future.
To complete a nomination in any of the above categories the nominating party must have the following information:
- Nominating party’s contact information
- The school, program, camp, activity or company you recommend
- Explanation of the relationship between the nominating party and the entity being nominated
- A short paragraph explaining the nomination
- The contact information of the school, program, activity, or company
Organizations that are selected from the initial nomination stage will be given a more involved questionnaire that will be their final submission for the award.
Questions? Contact Amanda Hendley at Amanda@TAGonline.org or (404) 920-2023, Michael Robertson MRobertson@TAGonline.org or (404)920-2038, or Lauren Flotte at Lauren@TAGonline.org or (912)480-4581.
2014 STEM Education Award Winners
Elementary School: Mableton Elementary School, Mableton
Middle School: Cornerstone Schools, Cumming
High School: Ridgeland High School, Rossville
STEM Certified School Outreach: Wheeler High School, Marietta
Extracurricular Program: Sandy Springs Education Force - GTRI STEM Event, Sandy Springs
Post Secondary Outreach: Augusta Technical College, Augusta
Georgia STEM Day Activity: Isle of Hope K-8, Savannah
Corporate Outreach: Automation Direct, Cumming
2013 STEM Education Award Winners
Elementary School: Hightower Elementary STEM School, DeKalb County
Middle School: Rossville Middle School, Walker County
High School: Forsyth Central High School, Forsyth County
Extracurricular Program:CFY: Atlanta’s Digital Learning Program, Fulton County
Post Secondary Outreach: Georgia Tech’s Center for Education Integrating Science Mathematics and Computing(CEISMC)
Classroom Technology: Woodville Tompkins Technical and Career High School, Savannah-Chatham County
Corporate Outreach: General Electric (GE), Atlanta, Fulton County
Best STEM Day Activity: Woodland Middle School, East Point, Fulton County
2012 STEM Education Award Winners
Middle School: Carrollton Middle School, Carrollton
High School: Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology, Lawrenceville
Post Secondary Outreach: Georgia College, Milledgeville
Extracurricular Program: Explorer Post, Savannah
Science Agency: Georgia Intern-Fellowships for Teachers (GIFT), Atlanta
Public-Private Partnership: Georgia Power and Savannah Chatham County Public School System, Savannah