The Fifth Annual
STEM Education Awards
November 4, 2016
12:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The fifth annual STEM Education Awards honors Georgia schools, programs, and companies for outstanding efforts and achievements in supporting and promoting science, technology, engineering, and math education. Key STEM education stakeholders are encouraged to join us for this important gathering of thought-leaders November 4th at the The Loudermilk Center
Proceeds for the STEM Education Awards will go to support the TAG Education Collaborative, a non-profit 501c3 dedicated to advancing STEM education in Georgia. For more information about the TAG Education Collaborative, please visit www.tagedonline.org.
Nomination categories include:
- Elementary School- This category recognizes innovative STEM curriculum and programs in Elementary Schools that promote STEM Education in the classroom and expand STEM skills while helping to point students towards productive technology related careers.
- Middle School- This category recognizes innovative STEM curriculum and programs in Middle Schools that promote STEM Education in the classroom and expand STEM skills while helping to point students towards productive technology related careers.
- High School- This category recognizes innovative STEM curriculum and programs in High Schools that promote STEM Education in the classroom and expand STEM skills while helping to point students towards productive Technology related careers.
- STEM Certified School Outreach- This category recognizes the crucial role that STEM Certified schools play in mentoring other schools that are working towards certification. Nominees for this award will be evaluated based on their outreach efforts supporting other schools and programs.
- Post Secondary Outreach- This category was established to recognize the crucial work of attracting and transitioning students interested in STEM Education to post secondary programs that expand STEM skills and lead to productive technology related careers.
- Extracurricular Program- This category recognizes extracurricular programs who provide innovative STEM opportunities for students in order to expand STEM skills and workforce readiness.
- STEM Day Activity- This category was created to recognize the best activities conducted by a school or extracurricular program during Georgia’s 2nd Annual STEM Day.
- Corporate Outreach- This category recognizes the efforts of the business community to get involved and better prepare our students for technology careers of the future.
Nominations open on May 6th
To complete a nomination in any of the above categories the nominating party must have the following information:
- Nominating party’s contact information
- The school, program, camp, activity or company you recommend
- Explanation of the relationship between the nominating party and the entity being nominated
- A short paragraph explaining the nomination
- The contact information of the school, program, activity, or company
Organizations that are selected from the initial nomination stage will be given a more involved questionnaire that will be their final submission for the award.
Questions? Contact Amanda Hendley at Amanda@TAGonline.org or (404) 920-2023, Michael Robertson MRobertson@TAGonline.org or (404)920-2038.
2015 STEM Education Award Winners
Elementary School - Drew Charter School, Atlanta
Middle School - Marietta Middle School, Marietta
High School - Lithia Springs High School, Lithia Springs
Post-Secondary Outreach - Atlanta Science Festival, Atlanta
Extracurricular Program - Sandy Springs Education Force/GTRI STEM Event, Sandy Springs
STEM Day Activity - Isle of Hope K-8, Savannah
STEM Certified School Outreach - Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology, Gwinnett
Corporate Outreach - Georgia Power Company – East Region Corporate Outreach, Augusta
2014 STEM Education Award Winners
Elementary School: Mableton Elementary School, Mableton
Middle School: Cornerstone Schools, Cumming
High School: Ridgeland High School, Rossville
STEM Certified School Outreach: Wheeler High School, Marietta
Extracurricular Program: Sandy Springs Education Force - GTRI STEM Event, Sandy Springs
Post Secondary Outreach: Augusta Technical College, Augusta
Georgia STEM Day Activity: Isle of Hope K-8, Savannah
Corporate Outreach: Automation Direct, Cumming
2013 STEM Education Award Winners
Elementary School: Hightower Elementary STEM School, DeKalb County
Middle School: Rossville Middle School, Walker County
High School: Forsyth Central High School, Forsyth County
Extracurricular Program:CFY: Atlanta’s Digital Learning Program, Fulton County
Post Secondary Outreach: Georgia Tech’s Center for Education Integrating Science Mathematics and Computing(CEISMC)
Classroom Technology: Woodville Tompkins Technical and Career High School, Savannah-Chatham County
Corporate Outreach: General Electric (GE), Atlanta, Fulton County
Best STEM Day Activity: Woodland Middle School, East Point, Fulton County
2012 STEM Education Award Winners
Middle School: Carrollton Middle School, Carrollton
High School: Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology, Lawrenceville
Post Secondary Outreach: Georgia College, Milledgeville
Extracurricular Program: Explorer Post, Savannah
Science Agency: Georgia Intern-Fellowships for Teachers (GIFT), Atlanta
Public-Private Partnership: Georgia Power and Savannah Chatham County Public School System, Savannah