Excalibur Awards 2014
Georgia Aquarium October 24, 2014
6:45am - 10:00am
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2013 EXCALIBUR AWARD WINNERS!
Public/Non-Profit: Kennesaw State University
Small Companies: Achieve!t
Mid-Size Companies: Mercedes-Benz Buckhead
Large Companies: UPS
Most Creative Solution: National Monuments Foundation
The TAG Excalibur Awards, hosted in collaboration with our Business & Technology Alliance society recognize the companies and organizations throughout Georgia that demonstrate the best use of technology, typically provided by a third-party, to solve complex business problems. A tech-enabled company may also develop its own non-commercial technology solutions to enhance the business.
Companies are ineligible if:
- This technology is a product the company is selling
- The nomination/application is for consulting services rather than technology being used
- The company is not a Georgia company
Criteria for entry include:
(1) Complexity of the Problem
How the business problem was resolved or business enhancement achieved through the innovative use of technology. In particular evaluate the complexity of the situation.
(2) Creativity of the Solution
How the technology is being used to conduct business differently? Did it change any fundamental business principles or philosophies? Did it have an impact on the company’s culture?
(3) Return on Investment (ROI)/Business Results
Were savings or increased productivity realized in cost, time, people, capacity, production volume and other areas?
Benefits of TAG Excalibur Awards Recognition
TAG Press Releases will highlight recipients, and a communication campaign in print and on the web will promote winners throughout the year
• Professionally produced video of the company and technology that was used that will be presented at the event
• Interviews on TAG Radio with the TAG President, Tino Mantella
• A speaking opportunity with the Business & Technology Alliance
• An exhibit booth at the awards program
• Excalibur Awards booklet is produced and distributed to over 500 attendees at the annual event. This piece contains the company description and logo of all Excalibur Award finalists
• Company Recognized at the High Tech Day at the Capitol
• 2 months TAG Premier Membership
• 2 invitations to the TAG VIP Reception
6:45 a.m. Registration
8:00 a.m. Welcome
8:10 a.m. Creative Awards Presentation
8:15 a.m. Public/Non-Profit Awards Presentation
8:25 a.m. Small Company Awards Presentation
8:35 a.m. Breakfast
8:50 a.m. Purpose of Excalibur
8:55 a.m. Keynote Speaker
9:35 a.m. Mid-Sized Company Awards Presentation
9:45 a.m. Large Company Awards Presentation
10:00 a.m. Event concludes!