Excalibur Awards 2014
Georgia Aquarium October 24, 2014
Congratulations to the 2014 Excalibur Winners:
- State Board of Pardons and Paroles: Leveraged technology to reduce the workload of the parole officer, redirect resources to focus on higher risk/higher needs offenders, and to improve accurate communication between parolees and their officers.
- A-Tow: Implementation of a fleet management solution that allows supervisors to see, in real time, where all drivers are and how they’re driving, making for a significantly better dispatch experience and reduction in excessive idling while helping keep the drivers on task, on time and safe.
- Atlanta Braves: for its use of an app that provides fans with access to a variety of exclusive opportunities including seat upgrades as well as personalized experiences. These options solve a key need of leveraging technology to enhance the fan’s in-game experience.
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG): for its use of an online environmental sustainability management system to measure, manage and report on the environmental impacts of IHG hotels as well as drive environmental impact reduction.
MOST CREATIVE SOLUTION
- FoodFinderGA, Inc: A non-profit that leverages a mobile-native website that aggregates food resources.
The TAG Excalibur Awards, hosted in collaboration with our Business & Technology Alliance society recognize the companies and organizations throughout Georgia that demonstrate the best use of technology, typically provided by a third-party, to solve complex business problems. A tech-enabled company may also develop its own non-commercial technology solutions to enhance the business.
Companies are ineligible if:
- This technology is a product the company is selling
- The nomination/application is for consulting services rather than technology being used
- The company is not a Georgia company
Criteria for entry include:
(1) Complexity of the Problem
How the business problem was resolved or business enhancement achieved through the innovative use of technology. In particular evaluate the complexity of the situation.
(2) Creativity of the Solution
How the technology is being used to conduct business differently? Did it change any fundamental business principles or philosophies? Did it have an impact on the company’s culture?
(3) Return on Investment (ROI)/Business Results
Were savings or increased productivity realized in cost, time, people, capacity, production volume and other areas?