The mission of TAG Smart Energy is to drive the Smart Energy Economy and job growth in Georgia. We will realize this mission through the following six points of vision:
- We will expand our circle of influence through Membership additions to TAG and TAG Smart Energy
- We will remain focused on enabling Technologies by embracing innovation companies and organizations focused on Smart Energy
- We will support relevant Sponsors to enhance and lead in our journey
- We will maintain consistent Communications to create awareness and inspiration around our mission
- We will form strategic Collaborations to add value through adding clusters, publications and technical briefings on Smart Energy technologies
- We will Educate our audience and community on ways Smart Energy will significantly impact Jobs and Economic Growth in and through GA
The TAG Smart Energy society will hold meetings every other month discussing their mission, with key speakers, presentations, and panelists. Please continue to check this page for updates.
WHAT IS SMART ENERGY?
The term “Smart Energy” refers to a modernization of the nation's electricity, water, and natural gas energy systems to monitor, protect, and automatically optimize the operation of interconnected elements. Smart Energy encompasses the optimization of central and distributed energy generation, renewable energy sources, energy storage, the energy transmission network, distribution systems, industrial users, building automation systems, energy storage installations, end-use consumers and their personal and household devices. Smart Energy is characterized by a two-way flow of information to create an automated, widely distributed energy delivery network. It incorporates the benefits of distributed computing and communications to deliver real-time information and enable the near instantaneous balance of energy supply and demand at the device level.
WHY SMART ENERGY?
Smart Energy programs will modernize utility technology and evolve the electricity, water, and natural gas delivery business models, which served the USA well through the 20th Century, to meet new 21st Century challenges. Like an energy internet, Smart Energy will support economic growth and market-driven improvements in the utility market just as technology and new business models revolutionized the telecommunications marketplace in the 1980s and 1990s. The US Federal Government and many State governments support Smart Energy programs (e.g., the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA), Title XIII – Smart Grid, Sec. 1301-1308). Smart Energy technology enables consumers to manage their energy use better and helps utilities better manage the assets that produce and deliver electricity, water, and natural gas. Smart Energy will result in cleaner, more ecient and more reliabile electricity, natural gas, and water for consumers.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Increased power reliability and enhanced power quality.
- Improved physical and cyber-security of electric supply.
- Increased energy efficiency.
- Reduced green house gas emissions.
- Expanded consumer options.
- Reduced utility operational costs over time.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED TODAY
- Become a member of TAG and join TAG Smart Energy.
- If you are already a member of TAG, opt in to join TAG Smart Energy in your on-line profile.
- Become a sponsor of the TAG Smart Energy Society and enjoy the benefits of positive branding exposure through our program efforts and meetings.